Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Taco Soup {Slow Cooker}


Thought I would switch up the chicken today and utilize my favourite kitchen appliance, Betsy, my crock pot! :)

This is currently cooking and smells DELISH! I did make a few changes however. They are as follows, I did drain my beans (which I used black beans) and I drained my corn. We like thicker soup so, this worked out better! I may also add some additional taco seasoning to spice it up slightly :)

Also, at a mere 5 points plus per serving this is a great choice! We will serve it with some salad and other things, but yea! This recipe gets you 9 (nine) 1 cup servings! 

Enjoy! Come back later for an update and "maybe" some pictures!


Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1 small onion (or half of a large onion), diced
1 can beef broth
1 can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
1 can pinto beans, undrained
1 can kernel corn, undrained
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
1 cup water

Directions:
In a pan, brown and crumble ground beef along with diced onion.
I season my ground beef with a little salt & pepper.

 Drain excess grease.

 Put ground beef and onion mixture in slow cooker.
Add in diced tomatoes, corn, pinto beans and beef broth.

Fill tomato can with water (about 1 cup).

Add water to mixture.

 Stir in packet of ranch dressing mix

 And packet of taco seasoning.

 Give it all a good stir and set on low for 6 to 8 hours.

Serve with crushed corn tortilla chips, sour cream, Mexican cheeses and chopped green onion. Yummmm!

Enjoy!


Recipe comes from http://www.thecountrycook.net/2012/01/taco-soup-slow-cooker.html in case you are interested! 

No comments:

Post a Comment